Sunday 17 February 2019

Looking at literature…

I have spent this week looking into the various pieces of literature surrounding my inquiry topic, which is about the role of gym-based exercise for professional dancers.

It has been very interesting to note different perspectives on the subject and has also sparked new thoughts and ideas that I now want to look into further. 

A particular article that has resonated with me is ‘The Dancer as a Performing Athlete’, as it recognises the complex relationship between better physical conditioning, traditional training and the aesthesis of dance. 


I have started the basic framework of my literature review and will spend time over the coming weeks developing this along with my inquiry proposal. 

Are there any interesting articles that have particularly resonated with you?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Charlotte, I found a really useful piece of literature about thinking of Research as Chreography. I have shared it on my blog. https://charliesteggles.blogspot.com/2019/02/research-as-chreography-little-gem-of.html

    ReplyDelete