Saturday 22 September 2018

Beginnings...

As I start a new beginning on the journey of this course, it has given me time to reflect on the significant beginnings throughout my life.

As a dancer there is a physical beginning, the first day of ballet class. This for me was at the age of 3 and was the seed that was about to start its journey into a flower. Amongst many other tots, I learnt naughty toes and good toes and experienced the freedom of dancing.

The next stage of my journey was at the age of 11. I fell in love with dancing and how the music made me feel. It was now more than a hobby and was no longer about the movement; it allowed me to express myself. This was my emotional beginning.

At the age of 14 I made the decision to pursue my love for dancing and continue this as a career. This for me was my mental beginning and changed the focus of my dancing. I now looked at class in a different light and set my eyes on the goal of professional training.

Each of these beginnings has shaped the dancer that I am today. In my time of teaching dance, it has allowed me to be a part of so many journeys as I have watched the children grow through each stage.


The start of this course has created a new place for growth and beginnings and I am excited to commence my new journey.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Charlotte, I can really relate with all of your beginnings. Looking forward to discussing our ideas and thoughts on this journey. charliesteggles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlotte, I really enjoyed reading this! It actually took me back to my memory lane and how it all began. Looking forward to share ideas with you and see where this journey takes us.
    mariellabon.blogpost.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Charlotte,
    Loved reading this, it was beautiful! I especially loved the passage about how music makes you feel and expression of freedom through movement. Totally relate!
    I am looking forward to reading and discussing thoughts with you.
    All the best - Louise
    louiseelliottbapp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete